Department of Farm Power and Machinery
The Department of Farm Machinery and Power, Faculty of Agricultural Engineering is working on development of equipments, tools suitable for rice based cropping system as well as horticultural based cropping system. This department is involved in teaching, research and extension activites related to farm machinery and power. This department has developed so far 25 equipments, which are suitable to farmer of Konkan region in order to reduce drudgery, crop production improvement, quality work, quickliness in farm operatation.
• In last 11 years, this Department has come up with 16 recommendations which
will be beneficial for farmer for improvement in mechanization status.
• No. of equipments/tools are supplied to various agencies, farmers in the state as well as outside state by tis department.
• Training programme, demonstrations are being organized to increase awareness
• The Agricultural Machinery testing centre is one of the recognized testing centres
by Central Agricultural Ministry, New Delhi. So far 72 equipments/ machinery
are tested and report has been given. Involved in teaching UG, PG and PhD
students of College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology.
The Department of Agricultural Engineering offered B.Tech (Ag. Engg) programme of 8 duration. The dept is also offering two M.Tech. (Agri. Engg) degree programmes one each is Post Harvest process and Food Engineering and soil and water Conversation Engineering of four semesters duration. At present soil and water Conversation Engineering is temporarily suspended. In addition to this the dept. is offering 6 undergraduate courses for B.Sc (Agri.) and B.Sc (Ag Maco) programmes.
Quality improvement progamme
- Technical lecturers and seminars for the benefit of students.
- Interaction with industries to identify thrust areas of research and placement training.
- General aptitude improvement programmes.
- Courses related technical projects through interaction with industries.
- Special courses on advanced subject other than specified in curriculum.
- As a part of the B.Tech. Curriculum students are trained in Southern Regional Farm Machinery Training and Testing